- Familiarize yourself with the support services that International SOS (ISOS), a global medical and security assistance company, provides.
- Review MIT’s international travel risk policy.
- Read the U.S. Department of State (DoS)’s country information, including what to do if you’re the victim of a crime overseas.
- Watch an MIT International Coordinating Committee (ICC) information session video on safety and security in other countries.
- Study the latest travel guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Check the list of U.S. embassies in foreign countries for the contact information at locations nearest to your destination(s).
- Educate yourself about local culture and customs with GlobeSmart.
- Students: Review the MIT Student Study Abroad Health Insurance program, including Covid-19 coverage information.