Stay up to date on MIT policies, procedures, and resources for securing your data and devices before your international trip.
- Learn to secure, backup, and configure your devices with Information Systems and Technology’s Secure Travel Recommendations and Travel and Technology tips.
- A message from the Vice President for Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) about protecting information at MIT.
- Get more information on why you should carry only essential electronic devices and minimize transit with research data, materials, or equipment from the Office of the General Counsel’s Guidance Regarding International Travel Preparation (MIT login required).
- Determine the risk level of your research data and administrative information with the Written Information Security Program.
- Anything you take out of the U.S. — including data on laptops and cellphones — is subject to export control. Learn how export control affects you.