Key steps to take
- Check in on the latest travel risk policy to evaluate if the destination is feasible and/or what steps need to be taken to comply with MIT’s policy.
- Health and safety: Please review our sections on International SOS, what to do in an emergency, registering your students’ travel, and health care and insurance.
- Trip leader: Trip leaders have special responsibilities when traveling with students. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Todd Holmes (International Safety and Security) with questions.
- Cultural awareness: GlobeSmart is an online resource available to the MIT community with information on more than 100 countries.
- Pre- and post-trip reflection for students: Help students make the most of their experience by articulating goals for the experience and reflecting on what was learned upon return.